Galaxy Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Current Positions Open:
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (NASHUA, NH)
Galaxy Scientific is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to help our growing company reach new customers and markets. Our products are highly technical and are useful across several large market segments such as food manufacturing, pharmaceutical QA/QC, agriculture, and chemical production. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to generate sales leads, respond to inbound sales/service questions, and help us penetrate key accounts. Prior experience in sales is a requirement (minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in an inside sales position). The ideal candidate would have some experience in chemistry, food science, or instrumentation so they can have thoughtful conversations with potential customers.
This is a full-time position with room for growth as the business grows. The job will be performed from our office in Nashua, NH.
Essential Job Duties
- Track and follow up on all inbound sales leads, answering questions (respond to customer inquiries) and qualifying leads.
- Identify, develop and close business opportunities
- Initiate and field sales contacts primarily through outbound calls. Cold calling is required along with the necessary resilience to open the doors for new customers and sales opportunities.
- Distribute inbound international leads to the correct rep/distributor
- Manage customer list and follow up at appropriate times (Maintain and update accounts including contact names and numbers for future sales.)
- Maintain a tracking system and follow up on potential future sales data
- Provide quotes and process incoming customer orders
- Follow up on service/warranty renewal contracts
- Occasionally attend trade shows or other events to represent the company. Create and adjust content of sales presentations with an understanding of the different type of sales outlets.
- Present product evaluation/demo opportunities and track results
- Assist with resolving service/product issues to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Use sales management tools to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Achieve annual sales targets
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience
- Highly internally motivated, self-starter and organized
- Inside Sales experience ideally in the industrial instrumentation market space
- A great phone presence where people want to hear what you have to say (must be able to build trust based relationships with customers over the phone).
- Be an independent thinker while functioning as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize workload without day-to-day direction
- Base pay commensurate with experience level
- Generous bonus plan based on total sales in North America
- Experience in B2B sales of technical products
- Education in chemistry, food science, or related science
Location and Contract Length
- Work will be performed at our Nashua office located at:
14 Celina Ave., Unit 17
Nashua, NH 03063
About Galaxy Scientific
Galaxy Scientific, an industry pioneer in portable optical spectroscopy, is an agile innovator, enabling organizations to use the power of optical spectroscopy to analyze and authenticate important chemicals and materials. The QuasIR™ family of instruments uses Fourier Transform Near Infrared (FT-NIR) technology based on novel PermAlign™ optics to ensure unmatched instrument accuracy and repeatability, even under extreme conditions. Founded in 2013, Galaxy Scientific is a privately owned company headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire.
For further information or to send your resume, please contact us at email@example.com